Built in 1960 and now restored to its former glory, the structure of this theater, originally designed by Shulamit and Michael Nadler, emphasizes simplicity and functionality – two great hallmarks of the International style which also became the driving principles of this renovation. Located in the heart of a rural area, south of Tel Aviv, the building functioned as the main live performance theater in the region. But its remote location, combined with dramatic budget restrictions over a period of three decades, caused the building to fall into a gradual state of deterioration. In 2011, HQ Architects was selected to transform the fully gutted 1000 m2 theater into a modern, multi-cultural performance center. HQ carefully developed its design to synthesize new program requirements and technological upgrades into an historic structure whose outline could not be modified. The versatile 300-seat theater, now has the capacity to feature on-stage live performances, screenings, local productions, musical concerts, or to become a brightly-lit lecture hall with direct views to the outdoor garden.